Ffion Atie | goldthelabel.com
First of all, if you’re reading this then you’ve found yourself on Gold, The Label, excellent choice. @Goldie thank you for allowing me to occupy a few pages here and there as I share my journey, thoughts and fears with your audience.
I’m a big fan of the notion that everyone has a story and well, I’m not usually one to shy away from any opportunity to talk. Before we deep dive into the “thick of it” that is my life, let’s get to know one another. After all, you don’t just walk up to someone and start spilling your life story (if you are one of those people, please let me know how that works for you).
Originally born in North Wales, I grew up in paradise aka Bermuda and eventually left at the age of 18 to pursue a degree in International Business & HR Management from London Metropolitan University. Halfway through my degree I met my husband (of 8 months – am I still allowed to say newlywed?) and we tied the knot 5 years later. During that same time I started working my way through a long, bendy maze…my career. I know I’ve skipped over a lot in just one sentence but I’ll come back to those juicy details a little later.
I’m on a journey and learning what it means to be me: A Christian, a wife, an island girl living in a big city, a young dreamer with plans and #lifegoals, who, just wants to travel the world and make a difference to this planet (no, this isn’t an application for a beauty pageant). Every journey has a start, middle and an end – simple, right? Ha! If you answered ‘yes’ please tell me your secret! I’m in the middle of this journey and sometimes I find myself running, and others I’m strolling in the park, but the one thing that remains the same is movement.
Over the next few months I’ll be sharing some serious life lessons and advice on what it means to be a wife in this day and age, right down to what it means to truly find your calling in life and everything that falls in between. Run with me people…
For now I’ll leave you with 9 things about me:
- I’ve been living in London for 8 years (where is time going!?)
- I’m a (rusty) spoken word artist.
- I’m obsessed with “The Great British Bake Off”.
- My favourite animal is a giraffe.
- I make a mean banana bread.
- I hate mangos but I love anything mango flavoured!
- I can’t tell the difference between good quality and cheap wine (surely that’s an excuse to go to a wine tasting…right?).
- My first job out of university had me working for one of the most prestigious hotels in the world; The Ritz.
- 9 is my favourite number…duh.