As cold as it is, I’ve been determined to complain less about it. Especially ’cause it could be a lot worse (even though I really am over it). How’s that for a life lesson? I don’t know about you, but I’m complainy, and in hindsight most times it’s completely unnecessary. The first step is to admit, right?! I’m learning to be content in whatever situation and trust that all will work out for my good in the end. Although this can be a difficult task at times, it’s completely doable. More importantly, we have to always remind ourselves to stay encouraged in the trying times and to spot and magnify the positive moments.
So, on a sunny day- I chose to wear palms, who cares if it was -8°c outside?
Life is for living. Let’s do more of that and less complaining. Even more-so when it’s completely out of our control!
How can we maintain contentment?
- The obvious is to complain less. It’s toxic. Yes, toxic. It always evokes a negative atmosphere.
- Change your company. Sometimes it’s really not you, it’s them. #PositiveVibesOnly! Many bad habits can be transferrable and who has time for that?! Also, spending some alone time might be exactly what’s needed. Learning to love your own company is an awesome practice of contentment.
- Surroundings! Surroundings! Surroundings! Many times we just need a change in scenery to liven our mood. Go for a walk, sit in the park, take a trip if you can! Move if necessary..
- Journal. Often times we actually have to get the frustrations out but we don’t necessarily need to voice them to another individual. Their feedback can potentially lead to further discontentment. Express yourself in a journal, it helps- TRUST me. The awesome thing about this option is growth can be tracked. There’s nothing better than having proof that you overcame something that was meant to distract or even destroy you.
- Last, but certainly NOT least- PRAY. It works wonders contrary to what the world says about it being mythical, or a waste of time. I’ve personally viewed the miraculous happen from prayer. However, sometimes it’s the instant mood fixer that we need- no material blessing, or situational change, but more-so a heart change. Prayer can change the way we view a seemingly bleak situation.
Hold on to your contentment! Also, try to worry and complain less!
Let’s go into Monday with a fresh start and a clean heart, yeah?
Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? – Matthew 6:25,26
Coat:Topshop, Shirt:TopMan, Cropped Sweatop:French Connection, Jeans:Michael Kors, Booties:H&M, Sunnies:Vinatge
[Shot by: Kyle Simmons]